The main reference entries include:
- Scripture samples - Sample Scriptures include Genesis 2:7, Psalm 12:6, Isaiah 53:5, John 14:6 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Other verses that show unique characteristics of a version are sometimes included.
- Bibliographic entries - Whenever possible, information about the actual first publication of the version is given.
- Translator lists - All translators are listed if available though some are anonymous and a few only list initials.
- Revision connections - If the version is a revision of another, that is noted. Any versions which are revisions of this one are also noted.
- Source texts - As much as possible the source texts (i.e. Greek, Hebrew, Latin, etc.) are listed.
- Version difference charts - Unique to this work are the version difference charts. These charts give a few words or a whole verse that have changed between versions or sub-versions. Using these charts the reader can quickly determine the exact version of many different Bibles. There are well over 100 such charts in the EEBV.
- Cross references - Cross references are provided for William J. Chamberlinís Catalogue of English Bible Translations, A. S. Herbertís Historical Catalogue of Printed Editions of the English Bible 1525-1961, Margaret T. Hillsí English Bible in America, Sidney Ohlhausen's The American Catholic Bible in the Nineteenth Century: A Catalog of English Language Editions, William Paulís English Language Bible Translators and others as appropriate.
- Web Resources - Web sites for versions are given whenever known. Resources for downloading are listed including Google Books, Internet Archive, Early English Books Online and others.
Special appendices include:
- Tyndale New Testament Revisions - This is a list of all known variations of Tyndale's New Testament. The list is cross reference with Francis Fry's A Biographical Description of the Editions of the New Testament: Tyndale's Version in English, A. S. Herbert's Historical Catalogue of Printed Editions of the English Bible 1525-1961 and others where appropriate. Omissions and textual variants are listed to help identify a particular edition. If the edition is available through Early English Books Online it is noted as well.
- Geneva Bible Variants - This is a short list of the known variants of the Geneva Bible. This was created to list minor variants aside from the Tomson and Junius changes.
- Douay/Rheims-Challoner Revisions - A list of known variations of the Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible. This is cross referenced to Sidney Ohlhausen's the American Catholic Bible in the Nineteenth Century and Hugh Pope's English Versions of the Bible.
- Authorised Version Variants - By far the largest of the variant lists, this one represents a cross referenced list of all Authorised variants that could be found. This includes famous variants such as the "Wicked Bible" as well as many minor, lesser known variations. Works cross referenced include William J. Chamberlinís Catalogue of English Bible Translations, A. S. Herbertís Historical Catalogue of Printed Editions of the English Bible 1525-1961, Margaret T. Hillsí English Bible in America and others.
- Confusing Bible Names - If it sounds like a new version, but turns out to be a renamed existing version, it goes into this list. This is included to help clear up confusion caused by re-publishing, condensing or abridging existing versions under different names.
- Unfinished Bible Versions - Versions that are started, but not finished, are announced first in this list.
- Abandoned Bible Versions - This list contains versions that started but never finished. When an unfinished version shows no progress for several years, it moves to this list.
- Notable Bible Portions - Some versions are unique and interesting but do not have either Testament completed. Those are mentioned here.
- Dialect & Slang Scripture Selections - I find dialects, slang and accents very interesting. Versions which do not have a completed Testament but are written in a dialect, slang or accent are listed here.
- Version Number Cross Reference Charts - These charts will help cross reference between this work, the Catalogue of English Bible Translations, Historical Catalogue of Printed Editions of the English Bible, English Bible in America and others.
For detailed statistics please visit the details page.